|Job Location:||Glendale Heights, IL, WFH Flexible|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
Account Coordinators work on our Customer Service Team which works to streamline all aspects of the freight transportation process. As an Account Coordinator, you will interact with Customers, Carrier Sales Representative, and Account Managers to sell and execute transportation. You will focus on reducing shipping time, expediting routes, finding the most efficient solutions, and maximizing loads for all types of transport. As an Account Coordinator, you will play a critical role in supporting customers by looking for the best solutions and communicating in a timely manner. You will communicate daily with internal teams, solve challenging problems, and provide remarkable customer service.
Account Coordinators under the Customer Service team will be working with a broad array of Account Managers and their customers. All Account Coordinators under the Customer Service Team work and operate as a cohort and should bring themselves to understand each Account Manager and their customers. The purpose of the Customer Service Team is to support each other while you may be out of the office. If other Account Coordinators are out of the office, please bring yourself to the attention of what needs to happen with the accounts that the Account Coordinator is responsible for.
- Process customer orders, plan and optimize shipments into loads (building loads manual and EDI)
- Scheduling appointments and calling on delivery and pick ups
- Completing any daily tracking requests to get the most accurate updates
- Timely rescheduling of appointments on TMS
- Create SOPs on customer portals and input and update the portals with documents and information as needed.
- Update TMS including locations, contacts, receiving and shipping hours, lumper information, and any other special instructions required for each customer.
- Communication with AM and customer on all updates and/or date changes via phone, email or customer portal
- All locations updated with contact information, hours of operations, and work in policies
- Excellent customer service and assisting in resolving all customer concerns
- Monitoring all available in progress freight on the load board
- Resolving issues in a timely manner (driver issues, scheduling complications, and site complications).
- Assist AM with quoting, spot shipments, reports, administrative work, customer packets, and any other duties assigned
- Streamline communication between AMs and CSRs and help negotiate rates to accept trucks
- Identify internal process errors and create correction plans
- Function as the AM when needed
- Back-up other Account Coordinators that are on the Customer Service Team
- Work with others on the team to help organically grow and make sure all loads are picked up, delivered on time, and mitigate any problems that arise.
- Improve on-time performance metrics and acceptance ratios
- Attend daily Zoom Meetings (Outward Mindset, etc.)
- 21 hours of continuous education from the Learning and Development department each year and 1 hour from the 3PL LMS each month
- 1-on-1 with manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service
- Integrity and dependability
- Tolerance for stress and change as the company grows
- Remarkable communication etiquette
- Teamwork and the ability to encourage mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Attention to detail
- Selling System
- Sales and marketing –knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling logistics services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service Knowledge –customer needs assessment, meeting quality standard for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- 2 years of supply chain, transportation, or logistics experience
- Selling System
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of transportation management system functionality and CRM
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)